Saturday, October 4, 2008

Mitoni




What is it? Yeah, mostly Javanese know what the meaning of mitoni is. It is a Java tradition which is kind of celebration/ceremony or something like that to thank God for 7 months pregnancy of a woman. This tradition has been done in my family yesterday. My sister in law has been being pregnant for 7 months and the family planned to thank God and share happiness with other people through this tradition. As a Java tradition which is full of symbols of life, mitoni has many ceremonies like sungkeman, siraman, milih ageman, dodol rujak/dawet, and etc that must be completely done which are symbols to expect something good in future, especially for the baby and parent. Ough, 2 months later I am going to be an aunt for my brother's baby. So that means I will be calles 'tante', and... do you think that I will look older because of it? I wish no... But I am actually really pleasant about it! I will enjoy taking care of the baby and have fun with him...


No comments: